Where we Deliver
Certified nurse-midwives at McKenzie Midwives & Lactation Services provide care beginning long before it’s time to deliver. The services we provide begin even before conception.
But when it’s time to deliver, we provide care for laboring mothers close to home at the Birthing Center at McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center in the Eugene/Springfield area. This offers our patients the specialized expertise of a certified nurse-midwife while also giving us access to the advanced care and technology at the medical center, in case it is needed.
That’s a double layer of assurance that can provide peace of mind to mothers and families— you’ll have access to the care you need, no matter what that entails.
The Birthing Center offers a full spectrum of amenities:
- Daybeds or sleep chairs to allow a friend or family member to stay overnight
- In-suite refrigerators and an entertainment center to play DVDs or CDs
- Jacuzzi labor pools, birthing balls and birthing stools to assist with the laboring process
- Obstetricians on hand to perform cesarean sections, should it become necessary
- Pediatric hospitalist on call 24/7
- Portable monitoring to allow mothers to move around and remain active while laboring
- Private birthing suites for the entire experience, including labor, delivery, postpartum and rooming-in for newborns
McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center is also equipped to provide care for babies who need a little special attention, including oxygen, antibiotics for infection and help with feeding.
Throughout your labor and delivery at the Birthing Center, your certified nurse-midwife will offer you individualized care focused on your specific needs and wants. We will inform you of your options and encourage you to make informed decisions about your care and the services you receive throughout your hospital stay.